Springtime Aircraft Preparation
Flying is more than a hobby or career — it’s a lifestyle. And when spring comes around, it’s the perfect time to prep your Cirrus for warm weather flying. At Sweet Aviation, we want to make sure your aircraft is ready for flight and looking its best. Follow these quick tips for your routine annual maintenance and stay safe, legal, and worry-free all season long.
- If you’re not using a multigrade oil, it’s time to switch to a summer-weight oil. We can help you find the perfect oil for your aircraft for warm weather flying.
- SR22T owners — consider having your turbochargers adjusted for warmer weather. Call our maintenance professionals to get started.
- Did you use your TKS several times this winter? Consider a thorough exterior detail to remove the gray/white residue TKS can leave behind on textured stripes. Our detailing professionals use the finest products on the market for a completely polished look.
- Remember to exercise your TKS systems for one minute every month to keep the internal membranes from drying out over the summer. We recommend doing it in flight to avoid a mess on the hangar floor or airport tarmac.
- If you’re like us, getting into a cold airplane during the winter was an unwelcome shock. You might consider upgrading your Tanis engine heater with an Avionics/Cabin heater which we have done in many of our aircraft. The upgrade is easier on your avionics, and we enjoy the enhanced level of comfort during the winter. It’s a relatively simple upgrade — give us a call to schedule an appointment.
Sweet Aviation provides an abundance of services as part of aircraft management and will tailor an aircraft management package specific to your needs. Available services include annual inspections, aircraft detailing, maintenance record keeping, and more. Give us a call at (260) 267-5505, and we would be happy to craft a maintenance plan for your Cirrus.
Learn more about our aircraft charter service, maintenance services, flight school, and aircraft rental.