Maintaining Your Aircraft This Summer
Summer is upon us and that means lots of flying! Many of your Cirrus airplanes have air conditioning systems, and if you feel like yours isn’t quite doing the job, give us a call! Please note that appointments must be made in advance as we don’t keep the equipment on site, so make sure to give us a call as soon as you notice a problem. We can look over the system, repair any defects, and perform a flush/recharge to make sure it’s keeping you cool.
Even if your aircraft isn’t suffering from an air conditioning problem, be sure to follow these quick tips to keep your airplane healthy this summer!
- Switch to a 100-weight oil unless you use multi-grade.
- Have your turbocharger system adjusted for hotter weather.
- Avoid costly maintenance in the winter by remembering to run your TKS system for one minute after leveling out in cruise, on the first flight every month during the summer.
Did you know Cirrus requires their Authorized Service Centers to have 20% of their full-time mechanics undergo a Cirrus factory training course and the rest of the mechanics to complete web-based training? As part of our commitment to excellence, I recently returned from my factory training and will be bringing our full-time maintenance personnel up to 100% factory-trained. Why? Because our customers deserve the best!
If you’re looking for a way to spruce up your airplane this summer, here are a few additional services we offer:
- SureFly magneto conversions
- Aircraft detailing services
- Avionics and cabin heater add-ons for Tanis equipped aircraft
- BatteryMINDer quick connector installs
- Dynamic propeller balancing for a smoother ride and longer component life
We also perform annual inspections, aircraft detailing, maintenance record keeping, and we can create a management package specific to your needs. To learn more about all the services we offer, visit sweetaviation.com/maintenance or give us a call at (260) 267-5505.
Finally, we also wanted to share a couple of updates:
- Our maintenance shop is moving across the ramp to our larger hangar, giving it the opportunity to continue to grow and expand. The current shop will be converted as a place for charter staging and hosting events.
- Speaking of growing, we’ve also added a new face in the maintenance shop! Austin Scheiderer has joined our maintenance staff as an A&P and aircraft detailer.