|Obtaining a Private Pilot Helicopter certificate allow you to fly with passengers in visual weather conditions during both day and night hours for pleasure. Call today to take a Discovery Flight for only $145!|
|Private Pilot Helicopter Certificate|
- FAA 3rd Class Medical/Student Pilot Certificate $100
- Ground School (Optional) $245
- Books and Training Materials $202
- FAA Written Examination $165
- 40 Hours Aircraft Rental @ $300/hour** $12,000
- 30 Hours Flight Instruction @ $55/hour $1,650
- 15 Hours of Ground Instruction @ $55/hour $825
- FAA Practical Test (Examiner Fee/Aircraft Rental) $700
*These costs are only an estimate based on FAA minimum requirements. Most students will require more time to complete the Private Pilot Helicopter Training Course.
To Attain Your Commercial Helicopter Pilot Certificate You Must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a Helicopter Private Pilot Certificate (or higher)
- Hold a current 3rd Class (or higher) FAA Medical Certificate
- Attain a minimum of 150 hours flight time, 100 hours in a powered aircraft, 50 hours in a helicopter, a minimum of 100 hours of Pilot-in-Command (PIC) time, and 35 hours in a helicopter
- 10 hours of Instrument Training
- Pass the Commercial Helicopter FAA Oral and Practical Flight Test
Commercial Pilot “Add-On” Helicopter Certificate Requirements
- A fixed-wing Commercial Pilot Certificate is not required to earn your Commercial Helicopter Certificate
- You may apply up to 65 hours of your fixed-wing PIC time towards the 100-hour PIC requirement for your helicopter Commercial Certificate.
- An additional 35 hours of helicopter PIC for the Commercial Helicopter Certificate.